Sunday, April 21, 2013

WHY DO YOU LEAVE ME?



Have you ever felt like left alone and being neglected? Being misunderstood, struggle with no help at all, alone and no one seems around to lend a shoulder to cry on, no one understand, no one listen, no one to share or you just simply not able to share the things, and seems that all those prayers were just bounced back from the ceiling.

My quiet devotion time led me to Jesus’ struggle in the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus was sad, felt like was being left and alone, and scared of what will happen to HIM. Yes, at the shape of HIS humanity HE felt so. HE said : “MY soul is very sad, even to death ….” (Mark 14:34). Even HIS Disciples could not help themselves sleeping and let HIM prayed alone.

Jesus prayed and repeatedly questioned The Lord of the possibility of taking the cup away from HIM, HE said : “Abba, Father, all things are possible to YOU, take away this cup from me, but even so not let my pleasure, but YOURS be done. (Mark 14:36). At the cross, HE was totally left by God, "Jesus said in a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani, My God, My God .... why are you turned away from ME?" (Mark 15:34)

No doubt, all things are possible to God. There is nothing HE can’t do. HE COULD definitely take the cup away from Jesus and not let all the torture and pain along the way to Calvary happen, and absolutely not let the crucifixion happen. But, we knew that Jesus’ prayers were not GRANTED.  While in HIS words God clearly said that : “…. Things which are not possible with man are possible with God” (Luke 18:27) Then, why didn’t God answer to Jesus’ prayer, and let the cup possibly taken from him? Wasn’t it possible to HIM?

“For God had such love for the world that HE gave HIS only Son, so that whoever has faith in HIM may not come to destruction but have eternal life” (John 3:16) That is the reason. That is the plan, God’s great salvation plan, that was fulfilled and carried out through the death of Jesus, that was how we reach our salvation, by having faith in Jesus.

So, I know now why God let all those things happen to me, where God is when I was in struggle, why HE kept in silence when I just made a careless decision. What HE is doing when I was wrong.  Sometimes HE let me walk alone, for I know that HE has equipped and prepare me to deal with life. HE has shown me HIS wisdom in silence. HE carries me in HIS shoulder when I don’t even have strength to walk anymore. HE let me laugh a while, to refresh and boost the energy to move forward …… in this sometimes ‘bumpy road’ called LIFE.

YES, HE possibly takes all the struggles away from me, but …… HE lets me prove that HE has given me strength to overcome any situation. HE said that HIS grace is sufficient for me to live my life. HE has a plan for me.  I may not understand now, but HE will bring me the next level of understanding of HIS love, HIS faithfulness, HIS wisdom.  “For MY thoughts are not your thought, or your ways MY ways, says The Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thought than your thought” (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Its just like an athlete that must do exercise with increased intensity day by day to gain the endurance. All those struggles and pain are to prepare and strengthen me to face and handle whatever life brings. And, let’s not forget that HE has a plan, a bigger plan, a victorious plan. “…. In quiet and rest is your salvation, peace and hope are your strength….” (Isaiah 30:15)

What about you? Are you in a certain situation now and keep questioning where God is, and why HE let these things happen to you? Just hang in there, keep in faith, because the truth is God has never left us alone.  HE has a plan for you! “For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11)


***Bible scriptures are copied from Basic English Version-Bible

No comments:

MARRIAGE IS A DAILY LIFE

Before I continue writing, forgive me for the title of this post that may sounds like it understates the meaning of marriage. NO! It is not ...